Social Studies Excellence: The Choices Approach Learning Module
This FREE, self-paced, online learning module is designed for current and future social studies teachers. It introduces the Choices Program’s materials and approach to teaching about contested international issues as a means for delivering excellence in social studies.
The Learning Module’s five self-contained units are:
- The Social Studies Teaching Profession
- An Introduction to the Choices Program and its Resources
- A Student-centered Approach to Teaching Current Issues
- Historical Inquiry and Historical Turning Points
- Adaptations and a Life Long Professional Development Plan
The program, through Brown University, also offers summer leadership workshops and will come to school districts for face-to-face workshops.
Visit the website for more info!