Registration for the first ever HuGE (Human Geography Education) Support Institute, to be held July 5-10 in Columbia is open! Here’s the registration link. Missouri teachers should register ASAP, because we’ll soon be opening registration to teachers from other states, and space in the institution is limited!
Join us for five days of geography and pedagogical content. Topics covered will include:
- Geography: It’s nature in perspective
- Population and migration
- Cultural patterns and processes
- Political organization of space
- Agriculture, food production and rural land use
- Industrialization and economic development
- Cities and urban land use
- Additional subjects, like pedagogy, geotechnology, textbooks, and AP Human Geography-specific topics
There will be daily field and hands-on experiences to enhance the institute’s lessons; materials and supplies for lesson plans and classroom projects; networking opportunities with other human geography educators; and plenty of GeoFun!
Through funding and support from the National Geographic Education Foundation, we are able to offer the five-day experience, limited to 20 Missouri educators, for only $500 total (not including travel to and from Columbia). This will cover five nights of hotel stay, daily breakfast and lunch, two dinners, and everything the institute will have to offer!